There are so many amazing things you can do with 3D printing – art is one of the most interesting of them. In general, artists are on the forefront of finding innovative uses for new technology. Not only do they embrace the technology of the times, a number of them are just as fascinated by technologies that are on the verge or over the edge.
To name a few, some of the most interesting artists using 3D printing technology are:
- Joshua Harker is considered at pioneer and visionary in 3D printed art and sculpture.
- Bridgette Mongeon, who is also the host of the art and technology Podcasts found at www.digitalsculpting.net,
- Sculptors Pussycrew, who’s sculptures can be seen on many 3D Print Shows all over the world.
- Gil Bruvel’s “Flow Series”, who’s touching pedestal sculptures are generally are printed and then cast in stainless steel at a foundry.
- Daniel Büning from Nowlab, architect and researcher who combines emerging computational methods to create digitally informed architectural objects.
Also, Shapeways has a whole board dedicated to beautiful, affordable and interesting pieces – giving “multiples” a whole new meaning.
We’ve collected some of the most interesting pieces on our Pinterest board – happy browsing!
License: The text of "Browse through 3D printed art" by All3DP is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.